The Greatest Commandment

Love the Lord your God will all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind and with all your strength. Mark 12:30

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

The Battlefield In My Mind


So...God did some work in me today because I had some stinkin thinkin going on and was finding myself down in the dumps big time. I tend to fight an ongoing, invisible battle. Its not one I'm proud of, but I do know that I'm not alone in this. It's the battle I fight in my head.



 I thought I would share this with you for the days you are struggling. He led me to the scriptures and talked to me through it. The scriptures are listed below what He said to me. I know that God can use my struggles to minister to others, and I'm not the only one out there who deals with depression or letting their minds take them to dark places. My mind becomes almost like an intense battlefield. God will win the battle for me, but only when I stop, listen and LET Him.




I hope that when you are feeling rotten this will help pick you back up as it did me.

He said this, in this order, through His word:

You cannot have a negative mind and a positive life. Your thoughts will be what you become. 
 Proverbs 23:7: for he is the kind of person who is always thinking about the cost.“Eat and drink,” he says to you, but his heart is not with you.

You are depending on yourself, not ME. You are giving in because you are forgetting HOPE. Use my word as your weapon against the enemy. Tear down your strongholds with my truth. Purposely think right and speak them aloud in confession. I have work I need to do through you and I need you to be strong and mature. Persevere as Job.
Romans 8:1: Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus
Psalm 42:5: Why, my soul, are you downcast? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God,  for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God.
James 1:4: Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
Phil 1:6:   being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.
Phil 2:3:  Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves

Positive thoughts produce positive lives. You used to be positive and full of faith and hope. Bad things happen. But they work for good for you who love ME. You are not to fall apart, but instead, be readily adaptable and adjustable. Do not let the bad things that have happened to you keep affecting your new life in Christ. He is your.counselor, your comforter, your strength. I sent Him to guide you, to convict you and to lead you to righteousness. Through HIM the work that I began in you will be completed.  Ask Me for help to resist the sin of speaking negatively about yourself. If you keep this up, you are going to hinder the good things I have in store for you.
Matthew 8:13:Then Jesus said to the centurion, “Go! Let it be done just as you believed it would.” And his servant was healed at that moment.
Romans 8:28: And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose
Romans 12:16:  Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud.
 2 Cor 5:17: Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come.
John 16:7,8:  But I tell you the truth: it is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Counselor will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you. When he comes, he will convict the world of guilt in regard to sin and righteousness and judgment.
 Phil 1:6: being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

Hope is to keep you steady in times of trial. I want to show you mercy and loving kindness but you keep running from me. My word will heal you and rescue you from this pit of destruction you are in. I know you can't understand all of this, but you must choose to believe. Pray in Jesus' name and by the power of His blood, you will be protected from mind binding spirits. Meditate in my word day and night. Ask me for Wisdom and I will give it to you and show you what to do.
Acts 17:11: ...for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true
Romans 4:18-20: Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed and so became the father of many nations, just as it had been said to him, "So shall your offspring be." Without weakening in his faith, he faced the fact that his body was as good as dead, since he was about a hundred years old, and that Sarah's womb was also dead. Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God.
Hebrews 6:19:  We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. It enters the inner sanctuary behind the curtain.
Isaiah 30:18,  YET THE LORD LONGS TO BE GRACIOUS TO YOU; HE RISES TO SHOW YOU COMPASSION. FOR THE LORD IS A GOD OF JUSTICE. BLESSED ARE ALL WHO WAIT FOR HIM!!
Proverbs 15:15,  A fool spurns his father's discipline, but whoever heeds correction shows prudence.
Phil 4:6,7: Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
John 8:31,32: To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, "If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."
Psalm 107:20: He sent forth his word and healed them; he rescued them from the grave.
Romans 8:26: In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express.
James 1:2-8 Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and and complete, not lacking anything. If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That man should not think he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all he does.

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Amen!
It's so hard to wait on God and be in that pit and have hope. Trust me I know!!!
Praying for you!