The Greatest Commandment

Love the Lord your God will all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind and with all your strength. Mark 12:30

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The Hiding Place...

Sunday night I hosted the youth group's annual Super Bowl party. Despite my best efforts, I was unable to get everything on my "to-do" list completed in time for the party. The result? I had to break open "the hiding place." My house looked nice and tidy to anyone just walking through, but a little digging around would have quickly revealed my secret.




The Hiding Place


This got me to thinking... this is a rather impeccable analogy to real life. (at least for my life, it is...) There are so many things I keep cleaned up and tidy for the world to see, but like my laundry and clutter filled closet, if someone happens upon an unlocked door, they are likely to find things I don't want anyone to see. This is true for most, if not all people, I predict, but in this particular instance on Sunday evening, the thought that crossed my mind was this:

"What is in my hiding place that needs to be found?"

In a short study by Rudelle Thomas, I read, "When you are speaking the Word of God in your situation and nothing is happening, take inventory of your life." For me, that inventory is packed... no... tossed, pushed and piled, into my hiding place. My goal this week is to open that door and begin the organization process. I know that after all those teenagers left on Sunday I started pulling things back out of the closet. As usual, it took awhile to go through all of that stuff and get it put away... and I wanted to quit and go to bed several times... but once it was done I sure did feel a lot better.

What's in YOUR hiding place?

No comments: